The Argyle International Airport Company (AIA) Inc. invites suitably qualified persons for the position of
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Background: The AIA Inc. is charged with the responsibility of managing St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ first international airport at Argyle along with airports in Bequia, Canouan and Union Island. The Board of Directors is now seeking to recruit an experienced professional to manage and provide high level oversight of individual operational units at the airport.
Function: The candidate will be knowledgeable of all or most of the major operational units of an international airport, including aviation, engineering, business and project management, be an experienced leader and senior executive with a proven ability to motivate and develop staff at all levels. The individual must also demonstrate competence as an effective communicator, collaborator and negotiator.
Reports to: The Chief Executive Officer
Under executive oversight, this position is responsible for:
- Direct oversight of the management and reporting on airport operations and activities.
- Ensuring compliance of all units with international civil aviation requirements.
- Assisting with the planning, implementation and management of the AIA annual plans and projects
- Interfacing with all aviation industry stakeholders.
Required Training & Experience
- A degree in aviation, airport management, or engineering.
- A post graduate degree in business administration, engineering or project management.
- A minimum of ten (10) years executive management experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing one or more international airport operational units.
- Knowledge of international civil aviation guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge and experience with equipment, building and environmental maintenance.
Remuneration: To be negotiated.
Applications are to be addressed to: The Chairman, AIA Inc. P O Box 2312, Kingstown, ST. VINCENT or alternatively emailed to: email@example.com
Applications to be received no later than February 3rd, 2020.